Hello guys! What’s up? Today I’m in the happy position to say that I received my first blogging nomination! And surprisingly enough from two bloggers at the same time! Blogging for fashion and life-related things is my latest passion and hobby and I’m very glad that Blythe Anderson from the Blythe Morgan blog and Danielle Painter from A Cup of Style blog chose to nominate me for the Liebster Award. Blythe is a very positive person and has a very interesting blog in which she mostly writes about life, love and family matters and Danielle runs a fashion and lifestyle blog and has some pretty interesting outfits, so I suggest to check both of them out!
How to Find Blogs to Follow
Well, there are many ways to find new blogs to follow. One is to join Facebook or Google+ groups related to the niche you are searching for. Also, some of your favorite YouTubers have blogs, so you can definitely check them out. You can even search the sites of some brands you are a fan of for featured bloggers and collaborations with them. Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest are also great places to look for interesting blogs to read and follow. And last, but not least, another effective way is through some blog awards like the Liebster Award I mentioned today.
What is exactly the Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is an internet-based award for new bloggers. The main reason for its existence is to help readers and other bloggers to find new blogs to follow. Also, it is a way to get more exposure to your blog and as a result, more people will learn about it. The rules of this award are simple and you can find them on The Global Aussie blog here. So maybe that can be a good answer to the question on how to find blogs to follow. So back to the nomination now!
Shirt: Stradivarius | Cullotes: Zara | Belt: Stradivarius | Shoes: New Balance | Bag: Stradivarius | Watch: Daniel Wellington | Sunnies: Ray-Ban
After you get nominated you need to follow some rules. One is to write your own blog post in which you’ll be answering some questions the person who nominated you asked. So, thanks again Blythe and Danielle! Below you can find all of your questions answered (and get to know me a little better):
1. What scares you the most and why?
I’m scared of how fast time flies away because I might not have the chance to spend as much time as possible with my loved ones. Also, I’m a bit afraid(scared) that I won’t be able to fulfill all of my dreams and goals.
2. When did you start blogging?
It wasn’t really a long time ago. On March 21st, 2017.
3. Who inspires you the most?
My family, some of my friends, and my boyfriend. All of them inspire me for different reasons, so I could not mention only one.
4. Do you have a favorite teacher or professor? If so, why?
Hmmm… That’s kind of a tough question. I wasn’t a huge fan of school, so I wouldn’t say so. :/ However, there were some that I liked more than others and taught me a lot of things that I still remember till now.
5. What have you learned the most about blogging since you started?
I’ve learned to be patient. It truly is an important skill that is 100% percent necessary if you want to run a successful blog. More information about blogging and things it has taught me so far you can find here.
6. What are some of your favorite shows/movies?
I love many shows and movies, but currently, I’m rewatching Sex and the City and Gossip Girl. Oh and One Tree Hill (maybe the best show ever!). Regarding the movies, I would say …….. Well, I give up, I can’t name just one so here are some of them: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Letters to Juliet, The Proposal, The Dark Night, Star Wars, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Seven, Memento, Intouchables, Beauty and the Beast (the animated version), The Holiday, Leap Year. I think these are more than enough because I could go on forever. 😛
7. What is the best book you have ever read?
That’ s a tough one again! I love more than one, but let’s not do what I did with the above question. Instead, I’ll mention the one I’ve read most recently: “Lying on the couch” by Irvin Yalom.
8. How do you like to spend your Friday night?
Mostly writing on this blog or going out with friends. Sometimes a movie with my bf. The glorious days of clubbing are far gone. 😛
9. What makes a “goodnight” good?
Good company, a few drinks and a lot of laughs.
10. What is your biggest goal in life?
I don’t have just one, but let’s just say to travel around the world and run a successful blog.
11. What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?
The Maldives for sure!
1. How would you define success?
Feeling calm, happy and fulfilled with any endeavors I choose to do.
2. What kind of music do you love?
I can listen to almost everything, but that always depends on my mood.
3. What aspirations do you have for writing/blogging?
I would be extremely happy and proud if I could go full time and have some awesome readers!
4. What are the takeaways you hope your readers have from your writings?
When it comes to my fashion posts, I would like to show them that you don’t need a lot of clothes and a ton of money to be stylish. More affordable clothes or from different seasons can work as well. They only thing you need is to be creative and be updated when it comes to the latest trends. Then show your personality by using what you have and make it work.
Regarding my lifestyle posts, I would be very happy if through my experiences and the lessons I’ve learned from them, could ease my reader’s pain and give them hope that they can survive tough situations too. And generally not to take life too seriously. It’s just a chance we are probably given only once and we should enjoy it as much as possible.
5. Who or what inspired you to write?
Mostly my boyfriend. I was too self-conscious and scared to start doing it, but with some of his support, I took the step and I’m very happy about it.
6. Years from now, where do you hope to be in life?
Being self-employed, probably having a family and a house of my own and traveling a lot.
7. What is one thing you want the world to know about you?
Hmmm… Not ready to share that yet. I’m still kind of shy. 😛
8. What do you love to read?
Like the music, it depends on my mood at that certain period. There are times that I will read self-improvement and phycology books, others romantic ones and when I’m feeling a bit more adventurous some sci-fi novels. Oh, and very rarely some mystery books.
9. What social media site is your guilty pleasure?
Instagram for sure! However, sometimes it can turn into something that makes me sad since I might start comparing and feeling bad. However, that hasn’t happened for a long time and I think I’m doing huge progress of accepting my self the way it is.
10. What do you do when you’re not blogging?
Most of my free time I like to blog. I also go to the gym and work as a home teacher to primary school students. On weekends I like to hang out with friends.
Now it’s my turn to nominate 10 people and ask them some questions, so here they are:
- Jalil Mehar (https://www.wpbloggertricks.com)
- Antonis Christonasis (https://bendtherulez.com)
- Frank Jason (http://krivenien.blogspot.gr)
- Lindsey Parker (http://appletozen.com)
- Verena Bowyer (https://whatiwouldwritehomeabout.wordpress.com)
Sravanya Goud (http://hyderabadbeautyblog.com)
- Khan Bhai (http://www.giftlenders.com)
- Deborah Chai (https://ourhawaiifarm.com)
- Philip Omale Samuel (http://www.techkibay.com)
- Heraa Farooq (http://www.hftours.com)
Questions for nominees
- Out of all the countries, you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- When do you find time to blog?
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
- If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go?
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced?
- When you have a writer’s block, what do you do to work it out?
- How did blogging change your life?
Well, now my duty’s done. It was easy, right? If you are looking for a way to discover new blogs, I suggest you give it a shot! Hope I helped with ideas on how to find blogs to follow. This award is a great opportunity to meet and get noticed by other bloggers and probably their readers too!
Thank you for taking the time to read my post about how the Liebster award! I can’t wait to hear everyone’s answers!